Citrix® XenApp™ is an on-demand application delivery solution that enables any Windows® application to be virtualized, centralized, and managed in the datacenter and instantly delivered as a service to users anywhere on any device.
In use by over 100 million users worldwide, XenApp delivers on the promise of proven application compatibility.
-Instant application access – Applications are hostedcentrally in the data center and delivered via a high speed delivery protocol for instant access without the need for remote installation.
-Any device, anywhere – Users can access Windows applications with a consistent high quality experience from any client operating system or device – a desktop or laptop PC, Mac, thin clients and mobile phones.
-Browser-based access – Users experience fast, convenient and secure access to applications and corporate network files regardless of the type of connection.
- Safe and Secure Remote Environment – Assign access to specific applications and folders to role-based user groups, ensuring that the correct users connect to specific applications and data and that only screen updates, mouse clicks and keystrokes – not data – transit the network
- Encrypted delivery – Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption ensures that all application delivery communications are secure, even over the very public Internet.
- Multi-factor authentication – Strengthen logon security with support for variable token-based two-factor authentication.
- Simple Configuration and Management – Automated step-by-step wizards take the guesswork out of configuring, personalizing and managing the remote access environment, with relatively little effort or training needed.
- Centralized updates and upgrades – With only a single application instance or image installed centrally in the data center, application and server updates and upgrades only need to be tested and delivered once. Rollback to previous version is simple and quick.
- Policy-based application publishing – Centrally control and configure rules for which users and groups can access each application and which peripherals (printers, USB, etc.) and data resources are available for accessing, saving and printing data.
- Session shadowing – View and monitor a user’s session activity on another device to expedite troubleshooting and improve end user satisfaction.
- Better than installed user experience – Virtualized applications deliver a high performance, high definition user experience for any device on any network – even for graphic-rich content.
- Accelerate application performance – Applications execute on servers in the data center without requiring specific device capabilities enabling any user to access resource intensive apps from any device.
- Seamless User Experience – Intelligent load balancing and active data center failover ensure continuous and reliable availability of applications to users while notifying administrators when any anomalies occur.